Manhattan through Spiritual, Southern, Single eyes

Quote

O make me Thine forever;
And, should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
Out live my love to Thee.

written by Bernard of Clairvaux in the 12th Century

Friday, June 28, 2013

Missing Manhattan

So I've been out of New York since the end of April with wedding planning, the wedding, honeymoon and settling in our life in Myrtle Beach. We are here temporarily so settling is a bit confusing for me.

Today in particular I am missing my life in New York. City life is not necessarily better than the suburbs...well maybe it is :) but mainly it is just so different. They say that re-entry into your home culture can sometimes actually be more shocking than experiencing a new culture. When you go to a new culture, you expect the differences. When you return home, you notice new things that may not have stood out to you previously. I experienced this to an extent after returning from studying in France my sophomore year of college.

NYC is the best city in world. Sure missing it today :).




I took for granted all the fruit on the corners of my neighborhood.


I miss runs through the park (with Robyn!)



And whoa....do I miss all these faces (and lots more)!!! Thinking of you today!  Love you all so much!











No comments: