Manhattan through Spiritual, Southern, Single eyes

Quote

O make me Thine forever;
And, should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
Out live my love to Thee.

written by Bernard of Clairvaux in the 12th Century

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Catching Up

As most all of you know I got married recently. Woot Woot! Yippee! Hooray!!

I also moved from Manhattan to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to join this sweet new husband of mine who started at his new job as a tour helicopter pilot. 


We are settling in nicely and have already had visitors. My parents stayed at our place while we were on our honeymoon and then stayed two nights with us when we got back. My brother Bradley and his wife/my best friend, Crystal also spent a few nights with us over Memorial Day weekend.

Once I realized I would be leaving the most amazing city in world, I also realized I would need a new name for my blog. I am still southern as they come but I guess sadly I’m no longer, “Southern in the City”. I will rename my blog in the coming months as Corey and I make more permanent plans.

Because of all the major changes I’ve been going through, I’ve seriously neglected my blog. But, I’ve been making little notes of things I wanted to be sure I put on the blog. As I planned the wedding I would be tempted to write about different little ideas I had but held back so that they would be surprises for our guests on the actual wedding day.

My summer plan is to look backward a bit at all the fun celebrations we had leading up to the wedding and also walk through the different elements of the wedding to share with you my planning process and why we chose the things we chose. Some of this is for me to remember the different elements of the wedding that meant so much to me and to Corey. Some of it is to share ideas with other brides who are in the planning process. We wanted a meaningful day focused on Christ and that is just what we had!

We are also anxiously wanting on our wedding pictures. We will be sharing these along the way as well. Plus, we have honeymoon pics to share with you and I will write a post about that trip soon.

I’m excited to be able to rejoin the blogging world after a month or so lapse of writing. I hope it will be a blessing to you, a way to stay connected to us and a way to see a little bit of our lives from afar. You could also come visit us in Myrtle! You know you want to :).

Here's a pic of our little beach home. I'll write more about that soon too!


No comments: