Manhattan through Spiritual, Southern, Single eyes

Quote

O make me Thine forever;
And, should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
Out live my love to Thee.

written by Bernard of Clairvaux in the 12th Century

Friday, September 23, 2011

Under the Table

My family has a tradition that on your birthday you MUST go under the table. If you choose not to go under the table for a picture, the rest of the family will take that as their cue to put you there against your will. My dad says that on your birthday you can typically get a little prideful thinking the day is all about you & having to get under the table should humble you a bit :).

We have several August birthdays in the Alexander family.





And my mama, Cathy, and Aunt Daisy had big birthdays in September. It was fun to come home as a surprise and also do a surprise party! We got to see so much family that we don't get to see very much.


This beautiful pound cake was as delicious as it looks. Thanks, Kathy, for sharing your amazing talents!

No comments: