Manhattan through Spiritual, Southern, Single eyes

Quote

O make me Thine forever;
And, should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
Out live my love to Thee.

written by Bernard of Clairvaux in the 12th Century

Friday, September 21, 2012

Bethany's Bday!

Bethany has been my surprise friend since I moved to New York in 2008. I call her that because I met her the day I moved here. Needless to say I was overwhelmed by all the change going on personally. I honestly didn't know if I would see her again or that we would be such great friends. She has allowed New York to be more like home for me because she loves me like family. She challenges me and teaches me stuff all the time. I admire her and love that we can do this crazy New York life, ministry and work together.





  1. is a great friend to me.
  2. has influenced many ladies in their walks with God, including me.
  3. leads & coordinates the entire nursery and preschool staff at Redeemer.
  4. Has amazing dance moves (we're going next weekend if you wanna see them).
  5. Played college tennis.
  6. loves adventures.
  7. tells herself the truth when she is having hard time believing it.
  8. grew up in Mobile, Alabama.
  9. went to college in North Carolina.
  10. loves fun earrings.
  11. has incredible faith in God.
  12. isn't always what you think when you first meet her.
  13. shows herself a little bit at a time.
  14. is Mary Blake's aunt. Yeah!
  15. is very strong and so pretty!
  16. LOVES the beach!!!
  17. was the primary person designing and planning for the Redeemer West 83rd classrooms.
  18. writes a really neat blog about her life in New York and her walk with God.
  19. led the Redeemer Mexico Missions team two years ago
  20. and the Cape Town team last year.
  21. can be absolutely crazy loud but you have to know really well to see this side of her.
  22. seeks wise counsel.
  23. is a prayer warrior.
  24. has a wonderful, generous parents who live in North Carolina
  25. and a great sister & bro in-law who live in Alabama.
  26. serves tirelessly and sacrificially with several organizations here in NY.
  27. is allergic to chocolate.
  28. loves fountain soft drinks.
  29. is so fun to tease and get her laughing really hard.
  30. is going to rock out her thirties in this great city of ours.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!!! I love you.